Jasper, Alberta Climate & Temperature
- Jasper, Alberta, Canada is at 52°52'N, 118°4'W, 1061 m (3481 ft). See map.
- Jasper, Alberta has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Jasper, Alberta is situated in or near the subpolar rain tundra biome.
- The average annual temperature is 3.1 degrees Celsius (37.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.8 °C (46.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -3.9°C (24.9°F) on average falling to -13.8°C (7.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 9.9°C (49.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -2.6°C (27.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 21.1°C (70°F) and average low temperatures are 7.1°C (44.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 9°C (48.2°F) during the day and lows of -2.1°C (28.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 393.6 mm (15.5 inches) which is equivalent to 393.6 Litres/m² (9.65 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Jasper, Alberta you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Jasper, Alberta Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Jasper, Alberta Climate Graph in Metric Units
Jasper, Alberta Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Jasper, Alberta, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Slave Lake, Ab, Canada - 307 kms (190.7 miles) NW
- Edmonton Namao, Ab, Canada - 126.9 kms (78.9 miles) WNW
- Edson, Ab, Canada - 317 kms (197 miles) W
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - 126.3 kms (78.5 miles) WNW
- Vegreville, Ab, Canada - 43.4 kms (27 miles) NW
- Edmonton (Intl), Ab, Canada - 124.1 kms (77.1 miles) W
- Red Deer, Ab, Canada - 183.5 kms (114 miles) SW
- Banff, Ab, Canada - 341.6 kms (212.3 miles) SW
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada - 278 kms (172.7 miles) SW
- Fort Reliance, Nt, Canada - 296.6 kms (184.3 miles) SSW
- Big Trout Lake, On, Canada - 329.4 kms (204.7 miles) SSW
- Cold Lake, Ab, Canada - 167 kms (103.8 miles) NE
- Vermilion, Ab, Canada - 62.8 kms (39 miles) ENE
- North Battleford, Sk, Canada - 237.6 kms (147.7 miles) E
- Scott, Sk, Canada - 215.5 kms (133.9 miles) ESE
- Coronation, Ab, Canada - 125.1 kms (77.8 miles) S