Jasper, Alberta Climate & Temperature
- Jasper, Alberta, Canada is at 52°52'N, 118°4'W, 1061 m (3481 ft). See map.
- Jasper, Alberta has a subarctic climate that has severe winters, no dry season, with cool, short summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfc).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Jasper, Alberta is situated in or near the subpolar rain tundra biome.
- The average annual temperature is 3.1 degrees Celsius (37.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.8 °C (46.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -3.9°C (24.9°F) on average falling to -13.8°C (7.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 9.9°C (49.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -2.6°C (27.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 21.1°C (70°F) and average low temperatures are 7.1°C (44.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 9°C (48.2°F) during the day and lows of -2.1°C (28.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 393.6 mm (15.5 inches) which is equivalent to 393.6 Litres/m² (9.65 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Jasper, Alberta you would come out nearest to the climate station at Port-Aux-Francais, kerguelen islands, French Southern Lands where you would find a Tundra climate (Boreal rain forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Jasper, Alberta, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Slave Lake, Ab, Canada - 307 kms (190.7 miles) NW
- Edmonton Namao, Ab, Canada - 126.9 kms (78.9 miles) WNW
- Edson, Ab, Canada - 317 kms (197 miles) W
- Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - 126.3 kms (78.5 miles) WNW
- Vegreville, Ab, Canada - 43.4 kms (27 miles) NW
- Edmonton (Intl), Ab, Canada - 124.1 kms (77.1 miles) W
- Red Deer, Ab, Canada - 183.5 kms (114 miles) SW
- Banff, Ab, Canada - 341.6 kms (212.3 miles) SW
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada - 278 kms (172.7 miles) SW
- Fort Reliance, Nt, Canada - 296.6 kms (184.3 miles) SSW
- Big Trout Lake, On, Canada - 329.4 kms (204.7 miles) SSW
- Cold Lake, Ab, Canada - 167 kms (103.8 miles) NE
- Vermilion, Ab, Canada - 62.8 kms (39 miles) ENE
- North Battleford, Sk, Canada - 237.6 kms (147.7 miles) E
- Scott, Sk, Canada - 215.5 kms (133.9 miles) ESE
- Coronation, Ab, Canada - 125.1 kms (77.8 miles) S